What to Avoid
If you’re considering filing for disability benefits, it’s important to understand what to say and what not to say during your disability interview. The team of experienced disability attorneys at Collins Disability Law in Chicago understands the nuances of the Social Security Disability interview process and is here to help you. Our 5-star rated, insured team has 10+ years of experience advocating for clients with disabilities. As Chicago’s #1 disability lawyer, here’s what we recommend avoiding when it comes to disability interviews:
- Don’t exaggerate your symptoms. It’s important to be truthful and accurate when describing your disability. Exaggeration of symptoms can be seen as an attempt to fraudulently collect disability benefits and can have serious consequences.
- Don’t downplay your symptoms. It’s also important to provide an accurate description of your disability and its effects on your daily life. Downplaying your symptoms or refusing to provide information could be interpreted as a lack of cooperation and could be used against your case.
- Don’t provide outdated information. Make sure you provide the most up-to-date information regarding your condition, medications, treatments, and any other relevant information.
- Don’t provide incorrect information. Providing incorrect information, even if it’s unintentional, can hurt your case.
- Don’t give up on your case. If you feel like the Social Security Administration is not taking your case seriously, don’t give up. The team of experienced disability attorneys at Collins Disability Law are here to help you get the benefits you deserve.
At Collins Disability Law, we understand how stressful and intimidating the disability interview process can be. Our team of experienced disability attorneys is here to help you every step of the way. We’re committed to providing the highest quality legal representation and are dedicated to helping our clients get the disability benefits they need and deserve. We’ll help you prepare for your disability interview, ensuring you understand the questions you’ll be asked and providing you with the information you need to make a strong case.
If you’re in need of legal assistance with your disability case, don’t hesitate to reach out to Collins Disability Law. Our team of experienced disability attorneys is here to help you get the benefits you need and deserve. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you.